The Australian Government announced in the 2012 Budget that the Education Tax Refund (ETR) would be replaced by a new payment called the Schoolkids Bonus which will help families with the costs of education. Starting from 1 January 2013, this new payment will be available to families receiving the Family Tax Benefit Part A.
To be eligible, homeschoolers must be registered or enrolled with the education authority of their state or territory as a home-schooled student. Eligible families will be paid the bonus automatically in January and July.
Each year, families will receive:
$410 for each child in primary school (two instalments of $205) and
$820 for each child in high school (two instalments of $410).
What does this mean for me?
As part of the transition to the new Schoolkids Bonus, the ETR for 2011-12 will be paid as a lump sum in June 2012.
For more information about the Schoolkids Bonus go to http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/

The following link to the Australian Government’s Guide to Social Security Law outlines the exemption on looking for work available to homeschooling single parents on the pension.

Allowances for Single Home educators
Allowances for single home educators will come into effect from January 2013 when other single parents will be moved onto the Newstart allowance instead of the Parenting Payment Single. This move would have resulted in a lower payment to home educating parents. Some parents on Newstart Allowance will be eligible for a higher rate of Newstart Allowance that is equivalent to the rate of Parenting Payment Single.Single principal-carer parents with large families who are foster carers, who are caring for a child with disability or who are home schooling or providing distance education are eligible to apply to access this higher rate.
See http://www.deewr.gov.au/Employment/JSA/JobSeekerSupport/Pages/parentsCarers.aspx for details.

Transport Concessions applications are available from Railcorps Passes and Concessions Office by calling 02 93794441.
Alternatively they can be downloaded from NSW Transport and Infrastructures website at www.transport.nsw.gov.au